Industry experts say that every house, building, business, etc needs concrete work as much as twice in every ten years. Those jobs usually need something less than the nine yards that a barrel truck delivers.
If you had to take a full nine yards, you would have to pay too much and there would be waste.
However, there are a number of valuable additional reasons. For example, if you need one of the following, you may have to use a short load concrete supplier.
- Special color added to concrete
- Low Slump (this is valuable if the final surface is sloped and the concrete has to have the right amount of water so it doesn't just run off)
- Fiber added to the concrete to enhance ability to withstand cold
- Quick set concrete required (commonly used by utilities and government)
- High strength concrete required
The following are typical jobs which call for a short load concrete service company.
Concrete pads for:
- RV pads
- Boiler pad
- Spa pads
- Fence posts
- Flag poles
- Sidewalk Repairs
- Driveway repair
- Propane tank pads
- Curb repairs
- Retaining wall
- Playground equipment
- Pool steps